You may know that on Thursday 22nd November 2018 members of the Football Supporters’ Federation and Supporters Direct met to finalise a merger of the two organisations.
Since then we’ve actually been working as one organisation, although work that was previously done under the FSF or SD continued under that specific brand.
However, behind-the-scenes staff from both organisations began working together as one and we are governed by one elected National Council, which itself elects our Board.
For the past six months that Board has been thinking about what the new organisation should be called and have settled on the Football Supporters’ Association.
Please note the possessive plural apostrophe too, some people feel very strongly about that...
So from now on it’s Football Supporters’ Association whenever we appear in the media, and we’ve updated our social media pages, but we’ll be using this website for a little longer, while we build the new and improved FSA website.
Watch this space.
Links to further information
- Introducing the FSA
- FSA AGM 2019
- SD General Meeting update - transfer of assets
- SD General Meetings update
- New unified football supporters' organisation EGM
- FSF & SD statement on new Chief Executive
- New organisation - election update & proxy voting
- EGM Q & A's
- Stand for the national council of the new supporters organisation either as an individual, representing an associate, or as Chair or Vice Chair
- Register for the first meeting of the new, unified supporters organisation
- Online voting now open for affiliate representatives in new organisation
- Nomination process for network representatives open for new organisation
- Notice of the SD General Meeting 2018
- SD/FSF Interim Board statement on new organisation
- FSF & SD Interim Board to Meet in September
- New Organisation Interim Board
- Statement: FSF & SD Merger
- SD AGM - Indicative Resolution Full Results
- Notice of the SD AGM 2018 (including the full AGM pack)
- The Football Supporters' Federation website